Bloomberg Originals Including ‘Exponentially with Azeem Azhar,’ ‘Hello World,’ ‘Power Players,’ ‘AI IRL’ Season 2, ‘The Businessweek Show’ and ‘Bloomberg Investigates’
New York (September 6, 2023) – Bloomberg Media will debut new original programming this fall. The new slate follows the success of original series including The Circuit with Emily Chang, Getting Warmer with Kal Penn, Next In Sports with Jason Kelly and Vanessa Perdomo, The Future with Hannah Fry – all streaming now.
“Our robust lineup features some of the most talented journalists and thinkers at the intersection of business and culture,” said Bloomberg’s Head of Original Programming Kyle Kramer. We’re launching smart, long-form programming that’s designed for the streaming era and accessible anytime, anywhere. I’m excited to engage and build on our growing audience of over 30 million monthly.”
The fall lineup of Bloomberg Originals includes:
- Exponentially with Azeem Azhar (September 6): Exponentially is a celebration of critical thinking that envisions a promising near-future, and an exploration of what’s needed to make those visions a reality. Starting with the premise of what our lives might soon be like, Azeem and his guests place cutting-edge ideas under the microscope to see what’s possible, and even likely. An antidote to the daily headlines and ever-changing technology, Azeem’s conversations will bring clarity and understanding to this Exponential Age.
- Hello World (September 7): Hello World is an award-winning tech travel docuseries that follows Bloomberg Businessweek writer and NYT best-selling author Ashlee Vance as he travels the world to engage with the most brilliant, audacious and controversial pioneers of science and technology. Through his unmatched access, Vance demystifies their advancements so viewers come to understand the reasoning and ultimate application of these innovative concepts.
- Power Players (September 26): Power Players, a Bloomberg Originals documentary talk show hosted by Jason Kelly, dives into the stories of influential sports figures who have translated their success from the high-octane world of athletics into the realms of investing, management and business.
- AI IRL Season 2 (October 4): Jackie Davalos and Nate Lanxon draw upon their years of Bloomberg experience to bring insight into the rapidly developing world of AI. Each episode takes on a different theme from disinformation and science, to music and film, to politics and China. This studio-based discussion show brings the biggest guests in their respective fields and gives the audience an insight into how AI is impacting real life.
- The Businessweek Show (October 12): The Businessweek Show is the world’s first late night pop business talk show, spotlighting new ideas at the intersection of culture and business with the help of some very smart and curious guests. Hosted by veteran Bloomberg Businessweek contributor Max Abelson, the show will explore the themes and motivations behind some of Businessweek’s best stories.
- Bloomberg Investigates Season 2 (November 7): Bloomberg’s signature documentary show will take viewers behind-the-scenes of feature journalism. Powered by the latest and most impactful stories in the newsroom, reporters will walk through the biggest enterprise stories on their beat through on the ground reporting, analysis and more.
Later this year, Bloomberg Media will also launch a weekly politics show covering the latest out of the Beltway ahead of the critical 2024 Presidential race. This adds to a growing catalog of original content including the highly-anticipated An Optimist’s Guide to the Planet hosted by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau set to debut early next year.
Bloomberg Originals programming streams on the Bloomberg app on Connected TV (CTV) devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, and Android TV and is also available via Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, Amazon’s news app on Fire TV, The Roku Channel, Tubi and VIZIO WatchFree+. The programming also broadcasts during select primetime and weekend time slots on Bloomberg TV and BTV+ and streams on Bloomberg.com.
About Bloomberg Media
Bloomberg Media is the world’s leading multi-platform media company for business and finance, which draws on the editorial resources of more than 2,700 editorial professionals globally in more than 120 countries. Bloomberg Media is the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg L.P.
# # #